By signing the reservation form, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions governing your event:
Reservation confirmation. To confirm your reservation, the conference center must receive a signed and returned reservation form in order to reserve any portion of the center for a group. Space will be reserved based on the order of the receipt of signed reservation forms. Submitting a reservation form is not a guarantee of obtaining a reserved space. The conference center retains the right to withhold space from any group, without notice, for any reason or no reason, as determined solely by the conference center. The conference center is not required to inform the group as to the reason for not accepting the groups reservation. Please contact the conference center to confirm that a space has been reserved for your event.
Deposits. A group is responsible for getting a 25% deposit to the conference center within 30 days of receiving the reservation confirmation. All requested rooms will remain reserved for the group during these 30 days. If no deposit is received, the rooms will be released.
Deposit refund policy. Deposits are non-refundable. This policy is firm regardless of the reason for the cancellation, even if the reason for the cancellation is caused by lack of participation, sickness, weather conditions, and any other unforeseen circumstance. If, however, written notice of the cancellation is received no less than 120 days prior to the date of the arrival, 100% of the deposit will be refunded. If a group is using one deposit to cover multiple events (‘rollover’) the group commits to pay all cancellation fees per the above even if the cancellation fees exceed the total deposit amount received.
Cancellation fees on lodging rooms. The group agrees to pay for all lodging rooms on the reservation confirmation, whether the rooms are used or not, based on the following schedule. With notice of 120 days or more, lodging room reservations may be adjusted down freely. Between 120 days and 45 days, the group may adjust their room count downward to 80% of the original reservation confirmation with no additional fee. If the room count reduction is lower than 80%, the group will pay a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the unused rooms beyond the 80%. Between 45 days and 15 days, the group will pay a cancellation fee of 50% of any unused lodging on the original reservation confirmation. Within 15 days, the group will pay 100% of all rooms confirmed at the 45 day mark. The 80% allowable reduction does not apply to “Entire Center” lodging rates. If a group needs more rooms than on the original confirmation, the group should first inquire regarding their availability and then sign a revised reservation confirmation.
Cancellation fees on meeting rooms. With notice of 120 days or more, there is no cancellation fee. Between 45 and 120 days, the group will pay a 50% cancellation fee. Groups that cancel inside of 45 days will pay 100% of the meeting room charge on the reservation confirmation.
Rooming lists. To facilitate efficient check-in, the group leader will need to provide a rooming list of all the participants in writing within a week of arrival, including any requirements for ground floor and handicap accessible rooms.
Minimum guarantee on meals, The group leader will need to provide in writing the exact number of meals 10 or more days prior to the event. The group will only be invoiced for the number meals given 10 days prior. If the group leader fails to provide actual meal counts, the group will be invoiced based on the number of meals listed on the reservation confirmation or the actual number of people eating meals, whichever is greater. The center will not be able to guarantee all meals and/or lodging if the actual count exceeds the confirmed amount.
Dietary requests. The Center can provide an option for individuals who would like gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, or vegetarian. To do so, this group leader needs to provide this information to the chef in writing at least ten days in advance of the event. The Center may be able to prepare other dietary requests, but these must be approved by the chef. Additional charges may apply.
Meal Times. Meals are scheduled for all of the groups at the following times: Breakfast, 8:00 AM; Lunch, 12:00 PM, Dinner 6:00 PM (Saturday thru Thursday), 6:30 PM (Friday). Complimentary coffee is in lounge for all guests between 8:30 AM and 8:00 PM. Meals can be provided for group sizes of ten or more. The center is open to providing meals for fewer than ten people with prior approval.
Arrival and departure times. For lodging, check in time is at 4:00 PM, check out time is 10:00 AM. Departure time for meeting rooms is per the reservation agreement. If a group stays beyond the agreed upon departure time, the charge will be $100 per hour, rounded up the next hour.
Payment and Prices. Payment is due 14 days after the date of the event. In recognition of unforeseen circumstances all quoted prices are subject to change up until 30 days prior to the event.
Special charges. The center will levy additional charges if the group does anything to cause damage to the property or cause the expenditure of extra labor and materials to restore the center to its original condition. These include stains on the carpet. The center does not allow the movement of furniture without prior approval. If a group does move furniture, the group is responsible for returning it to its original location and without causing damage, otherwise additional charges apply.
Non-diocesan Catholic priests. Any Catholic priest who is not of the diocese of Charlotte must provide a letter of good standing from his local ordinary or bishop two weeks before the event. Letters must be current within six months.
Alcohol. Alcohol may be permitted on the premises. A group that wishes to serve alcohol must provide proof of liquor liability insurance no less than two weeks prior to arrival. Any alcohol sales must comply with state and local laws.
Campfire. The Center has a designated area if a group would like to have a campfire. In addition to letting the Center staff know about the campfire, the group leader must receive permission from the local authorities via web links on www.ncforestservice.gov
Chapel use. A chapel is available for all groups to use unless it is previously reserved. Chapel times must be reserved in advance; the center will honor requests in the order they are received. A group that needs the chapel for more than two hours a day will be charged additional meeting room rates.
Guest Kitchen and Guest Lounge. The guest kitchen has a coffee maker, sink, and refrigerator for all to use. The Guest Lounge has complimentary coffee throughout the day. With more than one group present, the Guest Lounge is a shared space and not to be used as a meeting room or breakout area for one group exclusively. Arrangements may be made through the reservation process to provide a group with the necessary break out areas for meetings, discussions, and confessions.
Noise and Silence. At any given time, there may be several groups present at the Center. The volume of music, presentations, and activities will need to be respectful of the needs of the other groups present. At times, there are silent retreats. The Center doesn’t guarantee silence for all groups, but will make reasonable accommodations to stagger meal times if that would be desirable.
Minor Children. The center is committed to providing a safe environment for any child under the age of 18 years of age. If minors are present, groups that are part of the Catholic Diocese of Charlotte must be compliant with all the safe environment requirements of the diocese. By signing the Reservation Confirmation, other groups agree to the “Supplemental Form for Non-Affiliated Entities”. The center reserves the right to refuse any group that cannot provide satisfactory documentation of their relevant policies and practices upon request.
Facility Usage & Indemnity. As a representative of the group listed on this reservation form, we agree collectively and individually to protect, defend, hold harmless and fully indemnify the Catholic Conference Center and the Diocese from any claim or cause of action whatsoever arising out of or related to their usage of the Conference center facility during the dates of usage identified on the reservation that is brought against the Diocese by the above named group or its employees, agents, partners, family members, students, customers, function attendees, guests, invitees, organizational members, associates and/or any other individual(s) and/or entity(ies), even if such claim arises from the alleged negligence of the Diocese, its employees, agents or assigns, or the negligence of any other individual or organization.
Discretionary Services. At its own discretion, the Catholic Conference Center may decline to quote or withdraw services to any group or individual deemed inappropriate or contrary to the mission of the center and the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
Thank-you for choosing the Catholic Conference Center as the site for your upcoming event. Please contact the center if you have any questions or need any additional information.
Supplemental Form for Non-Affiliated (Non-Diocesan) Entities
By signing the reservation confirmation, your organization is agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions governing your event:
- Your group, entity and/or organization (“Group”) is not affiliated with the Roman Catholic Diocese of Charlotte and/or the Catholic Conference Center (“Diocese”).
- The Group’s participation in any activity at the Catholic Conference Center does not establish any relationship between the Group and the Diocese other than as referred to in any reservation form, including the Terms and Conditions document, which is required to be executed prior to use of the facility and is expressly incorporated herein and made a part hereof.
- The Group is solely responsible to ensure the safety of the participants.
- The Diocese is not involved, directly or indirectly, in assuring the safety of any of the participants for any reason, without restriction.
- The Group hereby states that they have procedures in place, substantially similar to the safe environment requirements of the Diocese for groups that are a part of the Catholic Diocese of Charlotte. Said policy is available here: https://charlottediocese.org/human-resources/safe-environment/
- The Group shall abide by said procedures when participating in any activities at the Catholic Conference Center.
- The Group shall take all necessary steps to insure that no adult will have the opportunity to interact with any minor participant at the Catholic Conference Center in such a way as to put the minor participant at risk of sexual abuse, assault and/or any other similar harm.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Group, on behalf of the Group, its agents representatives, chaperones, volunteers, participants, employees, and assigns, does hereby waive and release Peter J. Jugis, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Charlotte and the Catholic Conference Center and their officers, directors, employees, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, parishes and agents, from any and all claims and/or actions arising from, or in connection with, the activity referred to herein, without limitation.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Group, on behalf of the Group, its agents representatives, chaperones, volunteers, participants, employees, and assigns, does hereby agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Peter J. Jugis, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Charlotte and the Catholic Conference Center and their officers, directors, employees, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, parishes and agents, from any and all claims arising from or in any way connected with the activity referred to herein, without limitation. This shall include, but not be limited to, claims, losses, damages or expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and litigation expenses, arising out of or resulting from claims or actions for any loss of or damages suffered by the Diocese, (whether arising out a claim involving a third party or between the parties hereto).
- The signee of the reservation confirmation is authorized to agree to this form on behalf of the Group.