Making Soup Marvelous with Matt
Saturday, March 6, 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Our Executive Chef Matt Baldwin knows soup, and would like to share his knowledge of soup making, including:
- Principles of soup and stock making
- Different types of soup
- Different methods to build the soup from the bottom up
- Choosing quality ingredients
- How to garnish your soups
What have other said about Matt’s soups?
For the last year, Matt has received a lot of praise from the variety of soups he’s prepared. And he’s received a lot of practice during the weekly “Lunch and Learn” and “Date with a Saint” programs, which include a different type of soup and a fresh garden salad. Here is a sampling of what others have said:
- The creamy leek soup was great. It was different as I don’t remember it having potatoes. The creaminess was just perfect and the blend of flavors was absolutely lovely.
- The tortilla soup – was delicious. It was rich and filling. It was perfect to warm up during that chilly Fall weather.
- All of the soups have been amazing! Matt is the soup wizard. The butternut squash soup was the best I’ve ever had.
- The fiery tomato basil provided both a little comfort – memories of growing up – and spice to keep things interesting. The garnishing Matt includes is something I wouldn’t have considered but an excellent touch.
About our Executive Chef: Matt Baldwin
Chef Matthew Baldwin is a NC native, but has done extensive traveling in pursuit of improving his craft. He earned his degree in Culinary Arts from Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC). Matthew has worked in national and international settings, has been a Chef de Cuisine in a popular bistro, a restaurant owner, and private chef for several international yacht racing teams. Matt is passionate about being a chef, and loves sharing what he’s learned.
The cost of the workshop is $25. This includes all workshop fees, a light lunch, and access to our beautiful grounds and reflection areas.
We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828.327.7441.
Thank you for supporting our mission of evangelization and renewal!